Thursday, July 17, 2014

Patricia Allison Cole May 4, 1936 - June 10, 2014


Tuesday morning was my grandma's memorial service. I was praying so hard for emotional strength, that morning especially, because I had been asked to say a few words about the wonderful grandma she was and is. I knew if I had to follow my mom's talk that it would be even harder and sure enough as soon as I stepped up to the pulpit the tears just rolled. All I can say is I guess that's just me and I was still able to say what I wanted people to know about her. Afterward several people came up to me to tell me I had done well so maybe it turned out alright. She was a wonderful grandma and I couldn't have asked for more. Her memorial service was perfect. I loved seeing all her quilting guild friends there. Some of them had been friends for over 30 years! It was also very nice to see my extended family some of which we determined I hadn't seen since I was a little girl. :)



Her 3 children.



After a small luncheon, the family all drove to the Buckley, WA cemetery to bury my grandma's urn in the same plot as my grandpa.










My nephew Will placing a flower on grandma's urn. :)


Visiting one last time before we had to leave for our drive back to Utah.

It was nice to go back to the cemetery actually. Because I live so far away, I'm not able to visit my grandpa's grave on Memorial Day like I would if I lived closer. Grandma will have a marker there too very soon now.


I miss my grandma more than words can say, but I know she is with my grandpa now and that makes me happy. I love you, grandma!


 

1 comment:

  1. It looks and sounds like it was a wonderful tribute to your grandma.

    ReplyDelete