Saturday, March 15, 2014

Road Trip Day 3 & 4 - Fort Riley, KS & Kansas City, MO

Saturday morning was the baptism. My sister had set up a really cute table with a baptism book for Jade that everyone who attended could sign.

 

Then I gave Jade her present from Andrew and I. We got her a white towel with her name and baptism date embroidered in her favorite color on it that she could use after she came out of the font. I think she really liked it and now she can always remember that special date in her life.




It was really special to be there and see how excited she was. :) 

 



After the baptism we all went back to my sister's house. She fixed everyone a really nice lunch and she and Sam had made Jade the most adorable cake!


When all the friends had gone, Sam and Heidi wanted to show us around post. I was impressed with all it offered and I can see why they love it there. We had a good time seeing the sights. :)



Late that afternoon, we decided it was time to head back to Kansas City, MO. We had planned to spend the night there because our flight back to SLC left very early Sunday morning. I'm so glad we were able to go and visit though. Now that they live so far from us, we don't get to see them often enough and Sam deploys in June. What a fun long weekend!


 

2 comments:

  1. The towel turned out so cute! I'm glad you were able to attend her big day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great time! And the food from the bbq place made my stomach growl. it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete