Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tomato Sauce

Most years we plant a tomato plant or 2 in our garden and this year was no exception except that this year one of those 2 plants was a HUGE overachiever! We have Roma tomatoes coming out of our ears! Andrew asked me if I wanted to can them and after being kind of wishy-washy about it, I decided I would do tomato sauce because I knew I would use it. ;) So we invested in all the supplies and now we'll always have them so we can do this every year!


It's amazing that you can have SO MANY tomatoes and only end up with 4 pints of tomato sauce, but that's okay. It was a good learning experience. :)



 

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I am proud of you! Who ever guessed my "city" daughter would do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your mom's comment!
    A gal at work was just talking about making her own tomato sauce. She had read online how so many tomatoes turn into so few jars and didn't believe. So I told her about you and your 2 big pots and your 4 small jars.

    ReplyDelete