Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Surprise Graduation Dinner


For a couple months now, I have been planning a surprise graduation dinner for Andrew. I started planning it far in advance because I wanted everyone we love to be able to come, but also because I was so excited for Andrew to graduate! Last Friday was the day and I had a tell a few little lies to pull it off, but I did it!

Friday morning I pretended to go to work, but instead I went to Andrew's parents house to do all my cooking. Andrew's mom said she would help me and I sure appreciated it. I never would have gotten it done without her! In the early afternoon, I headed home to straighten my house and get myself ready for the party and then I went to pick up the balloons to take to USU in Roosevelt to decorate for the party. My SIL Kim met me there to help me decorate, which was a huge help because she had some great ideas!






Shortly after we finished decorating, the guests started to arrive. :) For dinner we were having Dickey's Southern Pulled Pork with barbecue sauce and rolls, which my parents had offered to pick up in Vernal and Andrew's mom brought down the rest of the food from her house. We had made cheesy potatoes, green salad, No Bake Cheesecake, Layered Pudding Dessert and homemade root beer. Yum! Andrew loved it because he said it was all of his favorite things. :) That was the idea! ;)


Once all the guests and food had arrived, the plan was for Andrew's dad to call him to see if he could come down to USU and help him move some tables for graduation the next day. Since Andrew's dad works at USU, we figured this would work. And it did, until Andrew got to USU and saw my car parked around the corner of the building. :P Then he started to wonder if something was going on. Oh well! I tried my best!

When he walked in, we all yelled "SURPRISE!" and popped a confetti cannon that Andrew's brother brought and let my nephew Lincoln shoot off. It was great!





We had such a fun night celebrating Andrew's graduation with all our family and friends. :)


 



After everyone finished eating, Andrew's dad got out the vacuum and let the kids clean up the confetti. They loved it and what was even better is that then I didn't have to do that part of the clean up! ;)





 

2 comments:

  1. looks and sounds like a great time! sad I missed it but am sooooo excited for you guys to be DONE with school! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had so much fun that night, thanks for inviting us to enjoy his big accomplishment. Glad I could help out with pictures too. ;) Josh asked what I was doing, and I told him, "Duh, Jessica is a die hard blogger, like me. She will want all the pictures she can get." ;)

    ReplyDelete