Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Hawaii Vacation Day 9 & 10 - Traveling

Now I don't usually post about coming home from vacation, but this one ended up being worth posting about. ;) 

Wednesday morning we flew from Honolulu to LA where we had about a 3 hour layover so we had a late lunch and then we walked over to our gate for our flight from LA to SLC. Apparently the day we were flying home was the day before Sundance started in Park City and people in LA were buzzing about it! Having lived in Utah my whole life, I guess I didn't realize what a big deal Sundance was, but because of it, our flight was overbooked so they were asking for volunteers to stay the night and fly home the next day in exchange for a $350.00 travel voucher. Andrew went up and asked about it, but I really just wanted to go home. We had been gone for so long and I was tired and just ready for my own bed. When no one volunteered however, they increased the travel voucher to $500.00! At this point, I still didn't want to do it, but I knew I would be mad at myself later if I didn't so I handed Andrew my boarding pass and he went and turned ours both in. They weren't able to get our luggage off the plane so we didn't have much with us, but they did give us a $24.00 dinner voucher, a room for the night at the Marriott LAX, a $14.00 breakfast voucher, a $500.00 travel voucher for each of us and a flight home to SLC early the next morning. :D 

After checking in for our flight the next morning, we took the airport shuttle to our hotel where we grabbed a few things like toothbrushes and toothpaste in the hotel gift shop and then we had an appetizer and desserts at a restaurant in our hotel (Our hotel had 3 restaurants and they honored our food voucher so we thought that was pretty cool!) before going to bed.




I loved the pool at our hotel! It even had color changing lights. :) Too bad we didn't have our swimming suits...


We flew home early the next morning and now we have a free flight for our next vacation! Can't wait! 


 

1 comment:

  1. SO WORTH IT!!!! Dale was so jealous when you guys were texting us about it all! That is his dream to be bought off..... and how cool to now be able to go on another vacation for FREE!!! excellent, glad you guys did it!

    ReplyDelete