Friday, January 25, 2013

Hawaii Vacation Day 4 - Dole Plantation & Sunset Dinner Cruise

Friday was my most favorite day of our Hawaiian vacation. :) We started the day off by visiting the Dole Plantation. If you know me at all, you know that I LOVE pineapple anything so I was in heaven!


Gorgeous tropical flowers that grow naturally. Beautiful!





Cute little pineapple!




We rode the Pineapple Express that took us on a 20 minute tour of the pineapple fields at the Dole Plantation.




A beautiful view from the train.



Mangos


Bananas





More beautiful views...



Hedges trimmed in a pineapple shape!








After the train ride, Andrew got some sweet local BBQ corn and I got some Dole Whip with pineapple juice in a souvenir cup. :)



Such a fun pineapple experience!




From there we headed back to our hotel to get ready for the thing I had probably been looking forward to the most...a sunset dinner cruise! The dinner cruise was on the same ship that we had done our whale watching cruise the last time we went to Hawaii so that was also fun for us. :)



We had window seats, a buffet dinner, entertainment and then we topped the night off watching fireworks on the beach from out on the ocean. I loved it!


I continued to see pineapples everywhere. ;)












 


 

1 comment:

  1. I can see this being your favorite day. ;)Is it just me, or is there a pineapple in that last firework picture? It almost looks like it.

    ReplyDelete