Thursday, September 6, 2012

Airplane Birthday Cake

My nephew Will turned one on August 31, but we had his airplane-themed birthday party the weekend before and my sister Leisa asked me to help her make his airplane birthday cake. She bought the pan and had the cake and buttercream all made when I got there a few hours before the party. Then we got to work decorating! She and I both worked on it and even my mom did some stars. :) It was fun doing it together, it went a lot faster than if I had done it myself and most importantly, it turned out super cute! I love using my cake decorating skills and I loved teaching my sister a few new tricks too. ;)

Since my sister wasn't sure how many people were coming to the party, she decided to make some cupcakes as well. I got to frost them using a new technique I learned on Pinterest. How cute are these?! I'll definitely be using this technique again. :)




2 comments:

  1. Both the cake and the cupcake turned out so cute! I'm sure I pinned the same idea, but I'll still have to ask you about it because it turned out so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so much fun! Thanks again for the help and for doing those awesome cupcakes, they looked awesome, as did the airplane cake! They were perfect!

    ReplyDelete