Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Alaska Cruise Vacation Day 4 - Inside Passage

Monday we were sailing through the Inside Passage on our way to Juneau. When I first woke up Monday morning, the seas were a bit rough. I got in the shower to get ready for the day and I think seeing the water in the bottom of the shower sloshing from side-to-side did not help my stomach. I ended up getting sick...twice! This has never happened to me and it was awful! About 10 a.m. the captain came over the intercom and said that he would try to take us closer to land where it wasn't so rough, but he wouldn't be able to do that until about noon. Andrew suggested that I just go back to bed until then. Since I was feeling horrible anyway, that's what I did. Almost exactly at noon, the ship quit rocking as violently and I was able to get up and finish getting ready for the day. We headed up to have lunch with our friends at that point and I was totally fine. Thank goodness! Turns out, Savannah and Randi had gotten sick as well along with many others on board the ship. At least it wasn't just me. ;)

After lunch, we headed out on Deck 7 where we could enjoy the scenery of the Inside Passage.

Andrew enjoying a hot chocolate from the coffee bar located in the Crystal Atrium on Deck 7. I didn't have one because I was still babying my stomach a little bit ;), but it looked delicious!

There was a lot of lumber floating by in the water.

Tonight's dinner was another specialty restaurant, La Cucina, which was an Italian restaurant. Unfortunately the seas got a little rough again, which made me lose my appetite so I didn't get to enjoy it as much as I would have liked too. Still, it was fun to try!

To top off a pretty good day though, we found our first towel animal waiting for us on our bed when we got back to our stateroom...a puppy!



1 comment:

  1. Being sick that day was not fun at all. But other then that, it turned out to be a great day.

    ReplyDelete