Friday, March 30, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I had such plans for St. Patrick's Day, but I started getting sick the night before and by the morning of St. Patrick's Day, I felt awful! Therefore, I didn't get to make Andrew and I green pancakes with green milk to start the day. :(

To make it even worse, we were invited to a St. Patrick's Day party at Josh and Savannah's that night and I just didn't think I was going to be able to go. That afternoon Andrew went to the store to get cabbage, which was his assignment for the party and I called Savannah to say that I wasn't coming, but that Andrew still was. I felt so bad!

When Andrew got home from the store, he surprised me with green roses. To be honest, I was feeling so miserable that it took me a minute to understand why he had given me green roses! ;) Once I got it though, it was the sweetest thing. :)

At that point, I started feeling well enough to get ready for the party, but I decided not to call Savannah just in case I took a turn for the worse again. Andrew and I both had St. Patrick's Day shirts and I had a clover necklace and earrings. Though I was not well enough to care about getting a picture. Oh well!

We made it to Josh and Savannah's and in the end I was so glad I went. Good friends and good food!

Cute party favors!

The menu included corned beef and cabbage (of course!), green salad, baked potato bar, rolls, rainbow fruit tray, this green dessert and Love Potion to drink though Savannah made it with limeade and lime sherbet this time. ;)

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


1 comment:

  1. I felt bad you were sick, but I'm glad you decided to come in the end.

    ReplyDelete