Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter Weekend

Easter weekend for us started Friday night. We were invited to have Good Friday dinner with our friends Todd & Randi and Josh & Savannah. Todd was cooking a leg of lamb and Andrew was so excited for it! Todd also cooked a chicken for those of us who preferred that. ;)

Dessert was puff pastry with chocolate, chocolate-peanut butter and chocolate-caramel fillings. So good and something I would never have thought of to make!

After dinner we all got out our Easter egg dying kits and dyed eggs. This is a fun tradition we started with our friends last year and I'm glad it continued this year. :)

Saturday morning I got up and filled a few Easter eggs for my nieces and nephew. For each of them I had a gold egg with a gold dollar inside, a large prize egg with an Easter bracelet inside and a small prize egg with a number inside that corresponded with a numbered prize that I had with me.

Then I got to work on Easter cupcakes. I found some cute Easter cupcake papers at the store, but couldn't decide which ones I liked the most so I bought them both. The same thing happened with the sprinkles so I bought them both too. ;)

At about noon, we headed up to my parent's house where everyone was gathered for an Easter egg hunt! Each individual family brought 2 bags of candy to fill the plastic eggs my mom had and then we hid them out in the yard for the kids to find. I think we had over 200 eggs for 4 kids to find! I guess it was a little overboard, but it was fun nonetheless. :)

Jade

Lincoln

Kinley

Mayci

After the egg hunt was over, I also had bubbles for the kids so I sat outside and blew bubbles for them to chase. I love these kids so much and love spoiling them so I was sad that my other nephew Will couldn't come. He gets to come visit me this week though so I'm looking forward to that!

Sunday morning we had an Easter brunch with Josh and Savannah. A brunch party is something I've been wanting to do for a while now and it worked out perfectly to do it for Easter! I also got to try some new recipes. We had a Baked Bacon & Swiss Omelet, a fruit platter with fresh pineapple, cantaloupe and strawberries served with Homemade Granola and then Raspberry Butter to go on the hot cross buns that Savannah brought. Everything turned out just scrumptious!

After brunch, Josh and Savannah stayed to play Wii for a little while. When they left to get ready for Easter dinner with Savannah's family, Andrew and I did our Easter baskets to each other.

I gave Andrew an iTunes gift card and he pre-ordered Richard Paul Evans' new book in The Walk series for me. The book is called The Road to Grace and it comes out on May 8! I can hardly wait!

It was a busy, but fun Easter weekend and it was really nice that we got to spend it with both friends and family. :)


3 comments:

  1. It was an awesome weekend! We had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you teach me how to frost cupcakes in a clean swirl like yours?:-)
    You guys always have a good time me thinks!
    Enjoy
    Lewaina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful food! And I totally hear you on the liking both so you buy both! LOL

    ReplyDelete