Wednesday, February 8, 2012

February Swap Group

Laura took charge this month and decided to do a cookie swap. She said she missed swapping things and thought this might be a fun idea and it was!

How it worked was we made and brought 6 cookies for each person in our group along with our cookie recipe. I chose to make Molasses Crinkles, which are cookies I've been making since I was probably like 8. I even entered them in the Millard County Fair one year and they won! I think they also went on to the Utah State Fair from there. They really are that good! (Check out the link to my cooking blog for the recipe by clicking on Molasses Crinkles above.)

Since it is February and Valentine's Day is just around the corner, I bought some Valentine's cellophane bags to package my cookies up in before I took them to swap last night. I thought it made them look festive. :)

Here are all the cookies I came away with. Yum! Also, Felicity decided to make her favorite bread instead of her favorite cookie so I'm excited to try that as well. :)

To top it all off, Lewaina to decided to spoil us and made us each a valentine. It was a heart-shaped, fabric-covered box with a heart ornie inside. So cute and thoughtful! Thanks, Lewaina!



1 comment:

  1. That was such a fun swap! I was too tired to take pictures last night, which meant I couldn't have a cookie last night (or this morning) because I want them all to be in my pictures. :p Thanks for letting me join this group.

    ReplyDelete