Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Heward Family Christmas Party

The weekend before Christmas, my parents invited all of us to come out to SLC to get together for a Christmas party and exchange gifts. We all met at my brother's house Saturday afternoon and exchanged gifts first. Here are the nieces and nephews opening the gifts from Andrew and I.

Mayci

Kinley

Jade and Lincoln (with Mayci looking at hers closer ;))
Will was asleep, but he got a cute long-sleeve airplane t-shirt from us. :)


After the gift unwrapping was over, my parents had us all get in our cars and told us just to follow them for their present to us. We didn't know where we were going and so we didn't know how long we were going to be in the car. I figured it wouldn't be very far, but boy was I wrong! My brother lives in Herriman/Riverton and we ended up at Smith and Edwards in Ogden! (I was riding with little Will so actually being in the car for a while didn't bother this aunt because I got to feed him a time or two on the way up and on the way back. :))

Once we arrived, we all gathered in the parking lot to hear what my parents had in store for us.

Their present to us was $50 each to spend in the store and my parents wanted the fun of watching us spend it. :D It was such a fun thing! My parents also offered to watch the grandkids while we all shopped and so this is how they spent some of their time. :)

Andrew got a cool thermos that keeps drinks and soups hot up to 15 hours, which is something he's been wanting and then we combined the rest of his money with mine and put it toward an enamel-covered cast iron grill pan and panini press, which is something I've been wanting for a while now. Thanks, Dad and Mom!

On the way home, my parents also took us out for a little dinner all together and I really enjoyed getting to spend a day with my family for Christmas.


1 comment:

  1. I love the grill press!!! And that's a cute picture of all the grandkids together. What a neat idea your parents had.

    ReplyDelete