Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Missing Baby Will (who was taking a nap), Sam, Heidi, Jade & Mayci (who came the next day to stay for the rest of the weekend).

Andrew and I spent Thanksgiving this year with my family. All my siblings and their families came, my grandma was here from Washington and we spent the holiday all together at my parents house. It was wonderful. :)

When my mom asked me what I wanted to bring to Thanksgiving dinner, I offered to bring rolls, cinnamon rolls, apple pie and banana cream pie so I could put my bread and pie-making skills from my cooking classes to good use. ;) The night before Thanksgiving I started working on my pies and they turned out pretty well. The roll/cinnamon roll dough on the other hand did not turn out at all and that's about all I'm going to say about that! I was so sure I could do it, but apparently I still need many more hours of practice and I almost ended the night crying myself to sleep because of it. Thank goodness for a supportive husband and stores open late the night before Thanksgiving!

I also made some fun, edible place card holders for the Thanksgiving table that I saw on Pinterest. They were a hit especially with my niece Kinley and nephew Lincoln who both asked to eat their turkey's head right after the Thanksgiving blessing was over. :) That made my day!

My nephew Will and I with his turkey. :)

It was a great Thanksgiving!


1 comment:

  1. Those turkeys are so cute! And I love how your pie turned out. We just need to get together and pratice. I'll practice pies and you can practice rolls.

    ReplyDelete