Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Mardi Gras Murder Mystery Dinner

Last Friday we were invited to a Mardi Gras murder mystery dinner at our friend's Todd and Randi's house. I was pretty excited to go because I had never been to one before. :D

How it works is each person invited is assigned a character in their invitation. Andrew was Bourbon DuPre: A jazz musician from the French Quarter and I was Elise St. Gresch: The young and attractive live-in maid at DuPre Chateau. The invitation then gave suggestions for costumes. Andrew's suggestions were a tuxedo or simply slacks and a flashy button-down shirt. His also suggested wearing an outrageous Mardi Gras costume with gold, green and purple and to bring a trumpet or a saxophone. My costume suggestions were a French maid costume or a little black dress with a white apron. It also suggested I bring a feather duster.

The invitation also suggested everyone feel free to wear a Mardi Gras mask as well!

I had fun putting our costumes together. I bought my Mardi Gras mask on a stick online and we got Andrew's at Zurchers. We found Mardi Gras beads at both Savers and Zurchers. We got Andrew's jazz hat at Zurchers and I stuck a couple king playing cards in the brim. We found Andrew's horn at DI with an old silk flower decoration hot glued to it that I just pulled off. I wore a "little black dress" apron and put a white apron over it just around my waist. I also put my Swiffer duster in my apron pocket. ;)

Todd, Randi, Savannah, Josh, Andrew, Me, Kim and Brandon.

After we all had arrived, we were quite the group!

We were all invited to sit around the dinner table and the meal took place around the story while we were trying to figure out who the murderer was. We each had a booklet with our part and Andrew was quite the comedian (I should expect this by now...) improvising on his part. Everyone was loving him! We also ate food that you would expect to eat in New Orleans such as gumbo and beignets for dessert. YUM!

We always have so much fun with this group of friends. Andrew and I are now talking about buying a murder mystery game ourselves and having a Lethal Luau Murder Mystery Dinner.


1 comment:

  1. I think you should throw a family party! It sounds fun!!! Mom

    ReplyDelete