Friday, July 8, 2011

July Book Club

Last night we got together again for book club. I chose this month's book, "The Ball's In Her Court" by Heather Justesen.

Growing up in the foster care system was no picnic, but after being adopted into a loving LDS family, playing college basketball, and launching her career in the software industry, Denise Dewalt finally feels as though she's left her former life behind her. What she doesn't realize is that she must confront her past if she ever wants to move on to a brighter future. While her search for her biological family isn't an easy one, Denise's biggest fear is that even when she finds her family, she'll have nothing to give Rich, the only man who can see past the tragedies of her childhood. This emotional and inspirational story proves that life is full of unexpected twists and turns especially when it comes to facing your demons, fighting for love, and finding happiness for the future.

Growing up in Fillmore, UT, the author, Heather, was one of my neighbors. She was a couple years older than me, but we were involved in the same activities with our church group. When I found out she was writing books now, I couldn't wait to get my hands on them! I emailed Heather through her website about how I could get a copy of her books and literally 2 days later an autographed and numbered copy of each of her books showed up on my doorstep! I dove right into them and they were the kind of books I could NOT put down. :)

Heather's second book, which is the sequel to "The Ball's In Her Court" is called "Rebound" and it is equally as fabulous.

Also, Heather just recently released a third book, "Blank Slate". I don't have a copy of this book yet, but I have read a few chapters on Heather's blog and now I'm going crazy with anticipation! I'm hoping to go to a book signing sometime this summer so I can buy the book and have her autograph it for me. :)

Since I chose this month's book for book club, I also got to be the hostess. I made chocolate dipped strawberries and raspberry cups using both milk and white chocolate. The raspberry cups were fun to make because I had never done them before and they were also delicious, if I do say so myself. ;)



1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, DELICIOUS treats! How fun to be in a book club! :-) Hope you had fun! It was so good to see you at the Reunion!

    ReplyDelete