Monday, June 13, 2011

Crown Birthday Cake

Over Memorial Day weekend my brother and SIL asked me to make my niece Kinley's 2nd birthday cake. She was having a princess party, but not Disney princesses, she just likes dressing up and pretending to be a princess. :) Her invitations and party paper goods were pink crowns so I checked out Wilton's website and actually found a crown pan! I was so excited and my SIL loved the pan as well so I ordered it.

Last Thursday night I baked the cake so it would be cool for Friday when I would be decorating it.

On Friday I mixed up my buttercream, tinted it and got to work. I think the cake turned out so cute!

Saturday we drove out to SLC for the party. Kinley loved the cake and tried to dig right in before we had a chance to take any pictures, but we got some anyway. :)

Trying to show us she's two, but only her first finger would go up.

Now they're both up. ;)

Blowing out her candles.

So excited when she did it!

Enjoying her cake.

She got lots of dress up clothes.

A crown and earrings.

High Heels

Gloves

The whole princess!

With her baby doll. ;)


1 comment:

  1. Your cake was so CUTE! It was even cuter in person, I'm glad I got to see it. And what a fun party, there so much pink, I love it!

    ReplyDelete