Friday, March 18, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

The last few years we've celebrated St. Patrick's Day with Brandon and Kim at their house, but unfortunately this year our schedules didn't match. So for St. Patrick's Day this year Andrew and I decided to throw a party at our house and try our hand at making corned beef and cabbage for the first time! I decided to go all out with the decorations and Andrew was so excited about the food!

The night before I made these party favors that I saw on one of the blogs I follow (Thanks, Jen!).

On the menu was corned beef that we cooked in our crock pot all day long and cabbage that Andrew sauteed right before dinner with butter, salt and pepper and then sort of steamed in my Le Creuset. We also had a mini baked potato bar, rolls, green jello with whipped cream and green lemonade. For dessert my mom brought her green pistachio pudding dessert that we served on the plates below. Yum!

My dad & mom and Josh & Savannah were there and we had such a fun time eating and listening to Irish music on the XM radio! Happy St. Patrick's Day!


1 comment:

  1. It was so much fun and you decorated so cute for the party.

    ReplyDelete