Friday, February 25, 2011

Spaghetti Carbonara

Recently I started following a new blog that most of my Uintah Basin friends are always excited about...Better Than Burgers. Yesterday they posted a recipe for Easy Spaghetti Carbonara and since I didn't have anything planned for dinner last night, I decided to give it a try. I love white sauces and Spaghetti Carbonara was served at dinner one night this past summer on our cruise and it was my favorite dinner of the whole cruise!

EASY Spaghetti Carbonara

16 oz. box of spaghetti noodles - cook according to package instructions (I just did enough for 2 people.)
1 lb. cooked bacon (I did 2-3 slices per person.)
2 T. butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 c. heavy cream
7 T. grated parmesan cheese (I added extra cheese to the sauce!)
fresh parsley (optional)
fresh grated parmesan cheese

Cut bacon into small pieces, cook and set aside. In a skillet combine butter and minced garlic. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Add cream and parmesan cheese, stirring constantly with a wire whip until sauce is thick - that will only take a few minutes (I cooked mine for about 5 minutes, but it wasn't really thickening so I turned off the burner and let it sit for about 5 minutes and it thickened up really well). Serve individually on separate plates. Top spaghetti noodles with desired amount of sauce and crumbled bacon, sprinkle a small amount of freshly grated parmesan cheese and parsley on top.

I have to say this is probably the first white sauce that I've made from scratch that I really liked so it will definitely be a recurring menu item at our house. :)


1 comment:

  1. I saw it yesterday and can't wait to try it out! Now I'm even more excited!

    ReplyDelete