Monday, January 24, 2011

Caramel Apple Pizza

It's been awhile since I've tried a Basket 411 recipe, but I'm trying to get back in the swing of things so last week when Basket 411 posted this recipe I couldn't wait to make it. :) We didn't get green apples in this week's BB, but I had some that I had bought a week or 2 ago at the grocery store that needed to be used.

Caramel Apple Pizza

Crust:
1 pkg. sugar cookie dough (or homemade dough)

*Spread dough on a pizza pan or sheet pan and bake according to package directions. Let cool.


Sauce/Frosting:
1 - 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla

*Cream together and spread onto cooled crust.

*Top with thinly sliced Granny Smith apples. Drizzle with caramel sauce (you can use caramel ice cream topping or this yummy homemade caramel sauce that we always have on hand at our house) and sprinkle with nuts if desired (we sprinkled ours with Heath toffee chips since Andrew isn't a big fan of nuts).

Delicious!


1 comment:

  1. That looks so yummy! I may have to try it someday...soon.

    ReplyDelete