Monday, January 24, 2011

Bountiful Basket - January 22, 2011

I have to say that I love Bountiful Baskets, but Andrew and I have come to the conclusion that it really is too many fruits and vegetables for 2 people to reasonably eat so my best friend Savannah and I have decided to share the baskets from now on. We'll each buy one basket a month and then we'll split the basket with the other one so hopefully no more of our fruits and veggies will go to waste! On Saturday I picked up my Bountiful Basket for this month. Here's the list of this week's bounty that I took home:
  • 2 Fuji apples
  • 2 grapefruits
  • 5 lemons
  • 1 head green leaf lettuce
  • 1/2 head purple kale
  • 2 Bosc pears
  • 3 bananas
  • 1 bundle asparagus
  • 1 stalk broccoli
  • 1 pineapple
  • 5 Anaheim peppers
  • 7 Roma tomatoes



1 comment:

  1. We kind of followed this recipe, http://basket411.blogspot.com/2011/01/lemon-balsamic-roasted-asparagus.html, for our aspargus, except we didn't do the balsamic vinegar. It was so YUMMY! And I had one of the apples today, it was one of the best ones I've ever had from BB.

    ReplyDelete