Friday, December 10, 2010

Dried Citrus Ornaments

Last week Bountiful Baskets offered a citrus pack. It was a 24 lb box that contained:
  • Oranges
  • Grapefruits
  • Lemons
  • Limes
  • Satsumas
  • Pomelos
Kim asked me if I wanted to share the box with her and make dried citrus ornaments so I immediately said "Yes!". Monday night we got together and sliced the fruit and put it on my dehydrator.

Because we had so much fruit, it took 2 batches and about 3 nights for it all to be dried! This is what some of them turned out like.

Then I put a ribbon through each of my slices and am getting ready to hang them on my Christmas tree. :)

At the end we decided not to dry all the satsumas and instead leave some whole and put whole cloves in them. They smell wonderful!



No comments:

Post a Comment