Friday, November 19, 2010

Fondant Class Week 4 - Final Week


Wednesday night was the final night of the fondant class I've been taking. For our final project we first had to bring a cake to class that was crumb coated.

Bottom layer - 8 in round

Top layer - 6 in round

Then we made marshmallow fondant in class to cover our cakes with.

Stacked and covered in marshmallow fondant.

After my cake was covered in fondant, I filled a piping bag with yellow buttercream and piped the centers of my Fondant Blossom Flowers.

Then it was time to put the finishing touches on my cake. Our cakes had to include at least one of the techniques we learned during the class such as the fondant bow with curlicues or any of the flowers. I liked everything I had learned and made during the class so I decided to include everything on my cake. First I attached my Fondant Blossom Flowers around the top layer of the cake, then I attached my Daisies on the front of the bottom layer, next I inserted my Quilling Flowers in the bottom layer (If you would like to see my Quilling Flowers before they were placed on my cake, click here.) and added my fondant bow with curlicues on top. I really like the way it turned out.

I have now completed all the cake classes that are offered by my teacher at this point (Here is a link to her blog if you want to take a look at what she offers.) and I feel like I have learned so much. I guess all that's left to do now is practice, practice, practice! :)


1 comment:

  1. Wow Jessica! You need to start a cake business and make some money using those awesome skills! Really great job!

    ReplyDelete