Monday, October 25, 2010

Zucchini Brownies

Using my BB zucchini I made one of my favorite treats on Sunday...Zucchini Brownies. I got the recipe from my mom and they are so moist and yummy. One of my favorite things about them is the brown sugar and chocolate chip topping! Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
1/4 c margarine (softened)
1/2 c vegetable oil
1 1/2 c sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
3 c flour
4 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 c buttermilk
2 c grated zucchini

Cake Topping:
3/4 c brown sugar
1 c milk chocolate chips

Directions:
Cream together margarine, vegetable oil and sugar. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Measure all dry ingredients and sift together in a separate bowl. Combine with creamed mixture. Mix in buttermilk and grated zucchini. Pour into greased 1/2 sheet pan. Mix ingredients for cake topping. Sprinkle evenly over cake before baking. Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment