Monday, September 13, 2010

Labor Day Weekend 2010

For the past 3 years now, our Labor Day weekends have included a visit to Swiss Days in Midway, UT and so Saturday morning we found ourselves there. I love Swiss Days! There are so many booths filled with crafts and I could spend a small fortune there. ;) This year I bought just a few items that I absolutely love.

The Turkey Pumpkin Kit includes a turkey head, 2 feet and 5 feathers to make your pumpkin look like a turkey!
I have been collecting Seasonal Outlet Covers at The Quilted Bear, but I was able to complete my seasonal collection at Swiss Days. :)

This cute thing is made using a baby food jar. I love it!

Andrew usually has BYU football season tickets and this year was no exception so after visiting Swiss Days, we headed down to Provo for the game. Andrew and his dad went to the game, while my sister Leisa and I went shopping. Afterward we had dinner and then headed back up to Park City to spend the night at The Canyons. We got a great deal on a room there since it's the off season right now. There are several hotels at The Canyons. Our was called Silverado Lodge and it was very nice. :)

I love the waterfall in the background to the right of the hotel in this picture.

Notice the summer gondolas in this picture. They had the enclosed winter gondolas out getting ready to exchange them with the summer ones.

Sunday morning we woke up and headed up to Strawberry Reservoir where my family was camping and spent the day with them. We talked and laughed and cooked a yummy dinner with dessert. We came home late Sunday night as Andrew had to work on Labor Day, but we had a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment