Monday, September 13, 2010

Flowers and Borders Class Week 1

This past Thursday I started a new cake class for the next 4 weeks with Savannah and Kim. This class is entitled Flowers and Borders and that's exactly what we'll be learning! We started out with royal icing and practiced making flowers. First...Sweet Peas.

The Sweet Pea that's the best is bottom middle.

Second...Rose Buds.

The Rose Bud that's the best is bottom middle also.

Third...Half Roses.

Next we switched to buttercream and practiced making borders. We learned Rosettes and Reverse Shell. My Rosettes definitely need some work, but I do like doing the Reverse Shell. :)

This Thursday we are learning how to make roses on a flower nail. Wish me luck!


1 comment:

  1. I love your Rosettes and Reverse Shell. I still don't feel good about my shell border, so I didn't really try the reverse one and the rose buds were hard enough I didn't try any half roses. Hopefully I do better this week.

    ReplyDelete