Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Cake Decorating Class Week 4 - Final Week

Last night was our final night of cake class. For a final project we had to make a cake and decorate it to include: a border, writing and flowers. Ever since I went to Hawaii over a year ago, I have had an obsession with pineapples (which are also considered primitive so that only adds to the obsession!) so when I found out that Wilton had a pineapple cake pan, I had to buy it! I did learn that Wilton had since discontinued the pan, but I found it brand new on ebay and it arrived just in time. I made a yellow cake and buttercream and went to work. The pineapple is made with criss-crossing brown lines with 2 different colors of yellow stars. The top is made using a leaf tip to make green leaves.

This class was so much fun and I'm going to miss it and hanging out with my friends so Tuesday nights might continue to be girls night even if we're not taking our cake class anymore! :) Flowers and Borders and Fondant classes both start at the end of July and I'm already enrolled so stay tuned for more cake decorating posts!


1 comment:

  1. I'm so sad the class is finished. We definitely need to keep up with a girls night.
    And it wasn't a matter of inviting you to do the class with us, we ganged up on you and gave you no choice. It wouldn't have been the same if we weren't all there.

    ReplyDelete