Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

On Thursday, these gorgeous roses arrived at work for me. With 12 pink and 6 red roses, they were the perfect I love you.

On Friday, Andrew brought home these incredibly yummy fudge-dipped strawberries and fudge-drizzled raspberry cups for us to enjoy...and did we ever!


On Saturday, we spent the entire day in Park City. The highlight was going to Color Me Mine, which is something I've been wanting to do for a couple years now.

At Color Me Mine they have probably hundreds of ceramic pieces so you choose what piece(s) you would like to glaze and then your color of glaze. I chose a salt and pepper shaker set and a cute heart plate. Andrew did a coaster for his desk.

The glaze on my salt and pepper shakers looks almost like kitty litter right now,
but when it is fired, the "litter" bursts and creates a great pattern.


The trick is to envision the finished color because the color now is not what the finished piece will look like. Once you're finished glazing, you leave the pieces and the clean-up to them and come back a few days later to pick up your fired pieces. I'll be sure to update this post when I get my pieces back for a look at the finished products.

On Sunday, I made the traditional pink pancakes with pink milk and gave Andrew an iTunes gift card for his present, which is exactly what he wanted!


Happy Valentine's Day!


1 comment:

  1. Hey it looks like you had an awesome Valentine's.....I got flowers too at work, that always make you feel so special. I might not be at swap this month...I think that I have a Basketball game that night. See ya!

    ReplyDelete