Monday, December 21, 2009

Our Christmas Tree 2009

The before shot...

This year I decided to update my Christmas tree decorations and do a primitive tree.

I found these very prim silicone dipped lights on a blog I follow. I chose the color I wanted (Barn Red) and then coffee grinds were added to the colored silicone before the lights were dipped for that very primitive look! I also got some cute garland at The Quilted Bear and a punched tin star online. Andrew pushed a strand of 20 white Christmas lights into the star so it would light up on the top of the tree. I also got some new ornaments in red, green and brown with some different finishes in matte, shiny and glitter. We also put on our favorite ornaments with special meaning to us.

...and yes, the tree is leaning a bit. That punched tin star is heavy! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment