Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

Our Thanksgiving weekend started out the night before Thanksgiving with a bridal shower for my youngest sister Leisa. She is getting married December 19 and so myself, my other sister Heidi and my SIL Misty along with my mom put together this fun shower for her. I was in charge of the food (with a big thanks to my mom for saving me by making the cream puffs since I had to work!).

On Thanksgiving Andrew and I had dinner with my family at my parents house in Neola.


Afterward everyone drove up into the mountains for our annual tradition of cutting down all our Christmas trees.




Coming back down the mountain after getting our trees, we spotted this moose! I don't know that I've ever seen a moose in the wild before!

On Thanksgiving night all the guys (minus my dad - he was building a fire!) decided to play a little football.

I love how Jade is mid-jump on the trampoline in this pic. :)

Friday Andrew and I had plans to use the gift certificate I won a while back for blogging about cervical cancer. I won a 2 night stay in a 1 bedroom suite at the Silver King Hotel in Park City. We decided to upgrade our room to the 1 bedroom spa suite which goes for $269.00 a night and has a hot tub in the room. We just had to pay the difference between the 2 rooms, which was only $20 a night for us. Sweet deal, right?!


Saturday Andrew and his dad had tickets to the BYU vs. Utah football game. BYU won the game 26 to 23 in overtime! Needless to say Andrew's voice was almost gone. He ended up running onto the field after the game was over and got some autographs from some of the BYU players along with a piece of turf for his BYU shrine. He definitely bleeds cougar blue!


2 comments:

  1. yummo I saw that chocolate milk on the table!
    Looks like you had a fun thanksgiving. We went after trees as well, but snow was no where in sight...... I have seen only a few moose in the wild, but it's way neat huh. Andrew cracks me up. See you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh says to tell Andrew, GO UTES!
    Wow, your suite looked amazing. Sorry you had to come back to the real world.

    ReplyDelete