Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Our San Antonio Vacation Day 1

Andrew and I took a vacation to San Antonio, TX this month. It's someplace that I've been wanting to visit for awhile and so last Thursday morning we flew from SLC to San Antonio. It was about 98 degrees when we arrived, but with the humidity factored in, it felt well over 100 degrees! I'm not one for humidity, but we braved the heat and went to downtown San Antonio Thursday afternoon to visit the Tower of the Americas. It's basically like the Space Needle that you can visit in Seattle, but this was built for the World's Fair that was held in San Antonio a number of years ago. It had a great view from the top of the tower and we even spotted The Alamo from up there. At the bottom of the tower is a fun 4-D ride called Skies Over Texas that is included with the price of your ticket. If you've ever been to Disney's California Adventure in California and ridden Soarin Over California, it's a lot like that. As it was too hot for much else that evening we called it a night.

If you look closely The Alamo is right in the center of this picture.

This was our rental car with Maryland license plates of all places!

From this picture you can see what the humidity does to my hair! :(


2 comments:

  1. my goodness...I don't blogger updated this post very well! You two are travel bugs! How fun. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had fun. Of course I've never been so I would have no idea, but I always pictured the Alamo in a huge field all by itself. I was surprised to see that it is surround by so much development!

    ReplyDelete