Monday, August 10, 2009

Cervical Cancer Prevention Contest Awards Dinner

A while back I mentioned that I won an overnight stay at a Park City resort for doing blog posts about the HPV virus and vaccine. Last week I was able to attend an awards ceremony in SLC and receive my award from Senator Karen Morgan, who has been very instrumental in getting funding for the HPV vaccine from the legislature. Senator Morgan told us a little bit about the process she went through to get the funding from the legislature, which was very interesting and we also had a dinner catered in from Jason's Deli. YUM!

My award is a 2 night stay in a one bedroom suite at the Silver King Hotel at the base of Park City Mountain Resort! I'm so excited to go and I'll post about that when I do!


2 comments:

  1. I almost forgot about that. How exciting a free trip! I would love that kind of thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! And that's great that you have been helping raise awareness!

    ReplyDelete