Monday, July 20, 2009

Old Friends ~ Family Time

This past weekend I got the opportunity to see a lot of old friends and also attend the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House with Andrew's family. Saturday morning we left bright and early and headed to Nephi. I met up with one of my best friends that I haven't seen in many years. We grew up together in Fillmore and she is expecting her first child very soon. Her mom was able to get in touch with me Friday night and I'm glad that I was able to go down Saturday morning to see her and that it worked out. It was so good to see you Mary and Melissa! Its also been a while since I've been that far south and I was pleasantly surprised to find a field full of lavender on my way about halfway between Payson and Nephi. Its so beautiful as you crest over the hill to see a field of purple!

After a little visiting and pictures in Nephi we headed back North and arrived at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. It was so HOT, but the temple was beautiful and we enjoyed seeing it all together. Afterward my father-in-law took us all out to Olive Garden! YUM!



Saturday night I was able to meet up with more old friends. I recently got back in touch with a few of the fun girls that I used to work with in SLC. We went to dinner together and then our old boss Mary was throwing a party at the office building where we all used to work so we were all invited to come. The party was a really good time and I even got to see a few more old friends. It was a great night and I'll post pictures of that when I get them. I didn't have my camera on me at the party.


2 comments:

  1. The lavender fields are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just nominated your for an award. Check it out at http://because-i-cant-have-babies.blogspot.com/2009/07/one-lovely-blog.html

    ReplyDelete