Friday, July 3, 2009

New Projects


I've been working on a couple projects this past week. First off I tried my hand at redoing a frame I found at DI for $1. I spray painted it black and sanded it to give it that antique look. I really like how it turned out. :)

Next, during our ornie swap, it was decided that we can't just swap ornies, we have to learn something too! So my sister-in-law's mom (who is so talented!) gave us a kit to make a different kind of patriotic ornie. First I cross-stitched the top, then sewed the top to the back, turned it right side out, stuffed it and then tea-stained it and rubbed it with cinnamon. It was my first time tea-staining and I think it turned out pretty well. Thank you Lewaina for the fun project!


Last, but not least, my SIL taught me how to cut Andrew's hair on Sunday. It turned out pretty well if I do say so myself and I'm excited that I know how to do it now. Thanks Kim!


1 comment:

  1. I love it!!!! You are so Talented yourself! DI is a good place to find frames huh. Happy Fourth!♥

    ReplyDelete