Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Ornies And Prim Decor

Recently I was invited by my sister-in-law Kim to join an ornie swap group and we had our first swap this past week. The theme for the month of June was "Summer". There are 5 people in the group so we each brought 5 ornies that we made or bought to the swap. I bought beehives on ebay and they were so cute and prim! They were first sewn, then stuffed, painted, baked, sanded and then rubbed with cinnamon so they smelled like cinnamon toast. Yum! Mine also had rusted safety pins and bells on them, which I have to learn how to do! It gives them an antique or prim look. Others coffee or tea-stained their ornies, which also gives them an antique or prim look. We each kept one of our own and then we each got one from everyone else. We also had a tea party, which I really enjoyed, but mostly I just loved being with and taking ideas from this group of very creative women! Can't wait until next month when our theme is "Patriotic"!

I was also invited by my friend/cousin-in-law Savannah (she and her husband Josh are trying to adopt like Andrew and I) to drive out to SLC last Friday and attend "Adoption is an Option" presentations at Copper Hills High School in West Jordan. I was really excited and so I took the day off work and we headed to the city. Unfortunately as we were leaving Heber, the woman who invited us to come, called and said the presentations had been cancelled, but we decided to still go on into SLC anyway and meet her to get materials and then we did some shopping at The Quilted Bear and Tai Pan Trading, which are 2 of my fav stores! We also had lunch at the Olive Garden, delicious as always, before heading back home again. I'm posting some pictures of the cute things I got on my shopping trip for my house.

Plate has a picture of an old barn with a flag and says "American Country".

This is totally me!

Bowl for new ornies to be displayed.

This is how my $3.00 yard sale table turned out. I love it!

As for other new decorations, I found a picture of this willow tree stitchery on another blog and fell in love with it so I asked my SIL Kim to recreate it. She is so endlessly talented and it turned out so perfect. Thanks Kim!

For Christmas Andrew bought me some metal stars and we finally got them hung up on our house this past weekend. I think they turned out pretty cute! One is red and one is black.


A year or two ago Andrew and I had this vinyl lettering made for our front door. You can't really tell from the picture, but it's a big "E" with Ercanbrack spelled in cursive over the top.

And last, but not least, here is Emillio meowing to go outside, which she doesn't really want to do because she gets scared, but she thinks she wants to anyway! I caught her with her mouth open. Isn't she cute?!!


2 comments:

  1. I love those Ornies, and they look so pretty in the bowl you bought. And I love the little table you bought. I would love to have something like that.
    I am still dreaming about the chicken apricot dish I had at the Olive Garden. I must have that again....SOON!
    I love the front door, what a great idea. I will have to look into that, but first I need a new front door. I don't think that would be enough to make my door look good...
    What a great picture of Emillio, what a silly cat. They never know what they want.
    Oh and I love how your playlist is all Rascal Flatts except like 5 songs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute! I can't believe I had never heard of them before! They look like fun! I LOVE your table, what an awesome find at $3! I love thrift shopping. I wish Utah had Goodwill stores and other thrift places, it seems all that exists our here is D.I., lol. Great blog, love reading. :)

    ReplyDelete