Sunday, May 10, 2009

Our Garden


I have been wanting to have a garden for the last few years, but just never really got around to it. This year I decided it was time and my sweet husband is always there to support me. We decided to do a raised-bed type garden. It turned out a bit smaller than I envisioned so we didn't get to plant everything we wanted. Next year I think we'll expand!


We did plant Roma Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Strawberries, Raspberries, Cabbage and Mini Pumpkin Seeds though.


Emillio sat on the dining room table (which she is not supposed to do!) and watched us working through the sliding door screen.

Right outside our sliding glass door there were some lizards hiding in the weeds and they would come out and run around. They were pretty cute and instead of running away when you got close, they would freeze so I was able to get a picture!

I've discovered outside projects always take longer than expected so our small garden took us most of the day to construct and plant, but hopefully it will be worth it. I'll post pictures showing how it's growing and changing!

3 comments:

  1. Your garden looks great! It is fun to go out and pick produce and eat what you grow!.....One thing I have learned in the 30 years I've been married.......is....that the simplest project will take F O R E V E R! lol♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. So all of Gerald's gardening talk inspired you a little, eh? How fun! We have peas and lettuce growing from the seeds we planted and we just put tomatoes and herbs and corn in the ground, so we'll see how it turns out. It is quite exciting, I must say! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the garden.... I LOVE the garden, we live out of it all year round, between summer pickings, and fall canning. We ended up with about 1/4 acre just for the garden, so it's a bit overwhelming when it first starts coming on. We do everything from beans to tomatoes, spinich to beets....
    Can you ask for anything better to become self seficeint?
    Whipples
    (from the 10th ward. Well, not anymore, we moved right before you did, now we're in the 5th ward up by the Smiths.)

    ReplyDelete