Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Strawberry Freezer Jam

Strawberries are on sale right now so my mother-in-law called and asked me if I wanted to make strawberry freezer jam with her. This is the 3rd year in a row that we've done it together and it's a lot of fun and so easy to make. We use a lower-sugar recipe because it taste more like fresh strawberries and it is so good! I was able to make 15 1-cup jars of jam with one half flat and then had 3 baskets left over from another half flat so I washed them, sliced them and put them in freezer bags to pull out for smoothies. YUM!



This is what my kitty Emillio was doing while I was putting strawberries in freezer bags. Isn't she funny lounging on Andrew's Pepsi like that?!! ;)


2 comments:

  1. My cats love boxes! If they can't get in it, they will sleep on it. Years ago we came home with a box of pizza. We lived in our tiny apartment with no table so we set it on the chest freezer. When we came back with our plate, Missy was on it. She loved that it was heated.
    The jam looks good, I really should try to make it one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jam looks way good! Katie and I made some last year...it's all gone now...I need to make some more. I LOVE love love your header! I really like the tiny rag balls! I am looking forward to our ornie swap. I know we are going to have a good time huh! ♥

    ReplyDelete